Friday, January 11, 2008

second post for today...






read this just now on nick's blog and thought it should be spread far and wide...






January 11, 2008 will mark six years since the first 20 prisoners arrived at Guantánamo Bay Cuba. Since then, 775 prisoners have passed through the gates and no trials have been completed. As a symbol of freedom and democracy throughout the world, the United States must hold itself to our own high standards. When we resort to the use of torture, abuse, and indefinite detention we lower ourselves to the level of our enemies and defy the basic values that we hold dear. Guantánamo Bay has tarnished the reputation of the United States and makes a mockery of our core values. Six years on, it is time to call once and for all for the United States to CLOSE GUANTÁNAMO! Stand with us on January 11th and let’s prove that those who would advocate for a lower standard are on the wrong side of the law... the wrong side of core American values... and the wrong side of history. Join me in signing the petition to Close Guantánamo and stand strong in support of justice.

6 COMMENTS....bite me!:

AngelConradie said...

a very noble cause...

Nosjunkie said...

Noble is right... I must be honest though...while I believe all should have a fair trial I dont think I am about to start standing up for the rights of a prisoner being a south-african and all

SheBee said...

I'm sooooooo glad I can comment again here, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back, did ya miss me? I missed you!!!!!!!!!!

Sweets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweets said...

angel...just got to me, awful stuff!

lee... i know, wasn't expecting for us all to jump into our cargo pants and go rescue all the prisoners... it's just something that shouldn't be happening anymore and i never knew about it... awareness you know!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhheenaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
i missed you, hell yes, so did lots of others... poor bridge especially!!! so glad you left a comment, howziiiiiiit going, tell tell tell tell tell!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for following up! I feel honored and I hope we've done a bit of good for the poor guys held in that hell hole.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com