Sunday, January 6, 2008

family...oy~!

our extended family had lunch together today... at any given time there are roughly about five cousins running around in a pack... they're not a gang cause there is a definite order of seniority... and they act like a bunch of dogs most of the time...anyway that's besides the point... the pack came rushing past the dining room table to go for a swim in the pool and jay was the leader due to the fact that kay is away visiting a friend... so there my son was in his funky boxer shorts... a black shirt with huge dragons printed all over it.... and the shirt was unbuttoned all the way down... flapping in the breeze.... he was also wearing some surfer beads around his neck... so to say the least~ he looked extraordinarily strange ... my sister was watching him and said.... he looks like a drug lord on holiday.... whahahahahah... i haven't laughed that hard in i don't know how long.... ok maybe you had to be there to get it but believe me.... funny stuff right there....


my brother in law is in hospital.... a government hospital!!... because up to this point in his life.... even after surviving cancer in a government hospital... he still thinks that a medical aid is a waste of money... fuck i can slap him sometimes... anyway this weekend he had a bit of a problem.... he accidentally.... long story.... almost burned out his car... he runs his business from home... so there were about six other cars parked in his driveway... and if the one car caught fire well... see where i'm going with this.... so he needed a fire extinguisher.... and he needed one fast... so he ran to the house to get one... the front door was locked.... what does he do... what does he do??????????? ... he smashed the front glass door.... with his fist.... oy.... he didn't think! that's what he did... he cut his arm so bad you have no idea... he severed a blood vessel or something.... some nerves.... serious stuff... and now 24 hours later he's only being operated on... if he had a medical aid and gone to a proper hospital he would have been home already!... when my sister asked the surgeon when her husband's turn would be, he said... he'll have to wait his turn... if the doesn't operate on the others first... they'll die...jeepers... so if there's no one on the brink of checking out... that's when you get a turn....so when i start work on wednesday... guess what will be the first thing i do... organising them a medical aid.... i'm just glad he's going to be ok... good thing he didn't use his head right?

10 COMMENTS....bite me!:

AngelConradie said...

ag kyoot man!!! i can totally see jay in my head!!!

i'm so glad your b.i.l. is okay...

and now i'm not talking to you 'coz you're still on holiday!

Patchwork said...

Well my ex almost killed me this holiday in a car wreck. I know they say it was an accident but I suspect he might have been deliberately trying to peg me. Family, can't live with them, can't live without them!

Unknown said...

And here I thought I was the resident drug lord?!?!? Better tell Jay to keep off my turf...LOL

Szarek(Will) said...

Shame man...good to hear that the bro is OK...

Glug is gona kick jay's ass if he doesnt disappear...A drug WAR...Can be fun

ExMi said...

know all about that medical aid thing - had my baby with no medical aid - in a private hospital though! more than 25grand later i am severely grateful my mother agreed to pay!

anyway, thanks for checking in on my blog during my absences, and for saying such nice things about my baby...hope he grows up to be a druglod on holiday, just like yours!!

Nosjunkie said...

ahaha
The brother I gues is one of the many people who in crisis doesnt consider the shit after banging stuff in

Ruby said...

i'll never be without a medical aid...ever!!! yah, half the time it's a waste of money....but the day you really need it...you'll be glad.

I was extremely greatful when i had my accident that I had medical aid...I was in hosp for almost two weeks, wouldn't have lasted in a government hospital! plus the total expenses were like 200grand........thanx medical aid!!!!!!

glad he's relatively OK tho

Melany aka Supermom said...

Oh wow...I hope he is operated on already. Poor guy! I can't even imagine being operated on in a government hospital

Sweets said...

angel! he looked so funny LOL!!! i still have holiday tomorrow too!!!!!! ;p

bridge!!! missed you babe!!! car wreck...oops... true words!

glug! LOL yeah right... step aside mister...there's a new kid on the block!!

will: a drug war...oh boy LOL

exp mistakes: hi there mommy!! you sure are one lucky girl, now get your ass in gear and get yourself a medical aid... ;-)

lee: jip that's him... problem is other people usually has to help clean up the mess!

ruby: i feel the same, i will rather have a medical aid and have NO money for luxuries... it's a neccesity~ end of story... yet we are fortunate to be able to afford it, never forget that ;-)

mel: yeah he's done, gone home already can you believe it, just glad he's ok!

Elise said...

How did the car catch fire? Brother in law sounds a little rash! I think its a male thing. "Crap! what do I do? I've got it! I'll just punch glass and hurt myself. Yeah, good idea!"

A big family event is always fun. So many stories/ arguements. xx

 
Template by suckmylolly.com