Wednesday, January 9, 2008

i'm a big boy...

i tucked the kids into bed just now... they're sleeping in my bed tonight... jay snuggled up to me and whispered into my ear... i'm a big boy now... i'm in third grade... smiling mischievously... it was so sweet... and it's so true... he's a big boy now... so is kay... i don't even want to talk about kay... i saw him naked yesterday, the first time in quite a while and lemme just say... he is a big boy now... if i was his pappy i would have said... "that's my boy!"... but i'm his mommy and my boys are growing up too quick... i treasure every time stuff happens like tonight... cause i'm on the verge of having those memories as only that... memories... i'm not depressed... i'm silently rejoicing that my boys are growing up... and silently heartbroken that these precious growing up years are going too fast... still, i'm so proud to call them my sons... my mom laughs at me when i tell her i still after all these years can't believe that they're mine... so this is proud mommy... relieved that the first day of school was a huge success... signing off ... nostalgic... remembering the little boys who hid behind my skirt... they are no more... they're big boys now...

15 COMMENTS....bite me!:

Anonymous said...

hehe
my boy is built like his dad
sigh
he needs money, endowment won't do it for him.
I do have a question thogh, Kay?
Is that short for something? Named after someone?
splain please.
SS

AngelConradie said...

aaaw how sweet is that ~~sniffle~~
my damien still loves to hug me, though he hasn't crept into my bed for a long time...
and i can't remember when last i saw him naked, teehee... i have been banned from the bathroom and his bedroom when he's in there...!

Sweets said...

sage: Kay is just a name i picked to use on my blog, as with my other son Jay... i used their initials K and J and just added ~ay...

angel! they grow up too quick, i want them to stay little a little while longer ;(

Nosjunkie said...

Stop this right now your making me brudy and thats not good

Ruby said...

awe......we've just experience a very soft side of sweetass......now that's sweet:)

Sweets said...

lee...didn't know you had it in you ;-) broody's good... ok maybe get the wedding over and done first!

ruby... i'm a marshmallow girl... especially when it comes to my boys...did you think i was hard and cold and ruthless...??

Ruby said...

nah...but you you know what us girly's are like. we pretend to be all hardass and stuff and little fighters....but underneath it all we're all soft as a marshmallow(to use your word for it). it's not that i thought you were hard, cold and ruthless, it's just good to see you showing your softer side freely...thats all:)

Jam said...

Grade 3 - next it's big school, then girlfriends and cars and all of that stuff. You must be sure to become one of those mommies that give their son's girlfriends hell because none of them are good enough - always entertaining :)

Sweets said...

ruby... yeah it's good, no fun being a hardass all of the time... i need to let my sweetass show more ;-)

msmozi: that's my plan... the poor girls won't know what hit them...*evil laugh*

Patchwork said...

This made a little weepy! Aww man!

Melany aka Supermom said...

I already wonder what life would be like when they leave home...and gosh, Zander only turns 2 on Monday lol

Lopz said...

Aaaah, makes me want one of my own!

Unknown said...

It feels like my son went from my womb to ten in a microwave ... I would never have imagined that T.E.N. years could go this quickly. You have now adequately prodded my conscience and I will make sure I update my son's section of my blog THIS weekend - because I haven't done it in a year. When I last updated it, he didn't have smelly armpits at the end of the day. Last night he took great pride in the fact that I told him they positively HONK! I love proud Mommy stories. Cheers, doll!

Sweets said...

brige: you weepy...?? ;-) our little munchkins has that effect on us...

mel: i wish i could have those years back! enjoy them!!

lopz: oh dear... you gals are broody!

dawn...smelly armpits...wow...boys feel proud of the weirdest things...LOL

Unknown said...

Aww I can just imagine how cute it must have been when Jay said that to you. It must be so sad but so special to watch your kids grow up. We all grow up way to quickly me thinks!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com