Thursday, July 24, 2008

splat



Kay's birthday is in August and Jay's birthday is in October... and face it, kids parties are expensive... so... i came up with a perfect solution... a joint party at a paintball place... yeah!!!

i was so excited... more so than a mother probably should be... first mistake... already egging the kids on the choose me for their side... erm... apparently nobody wants me on their side!!!

why?

maybe because the last time i joined in the paintball fun i ran around with my arms flailing while screaming like a girl... sigh... it was so much fun!!!... and funnily enough nobody could splat me... i was that noisy and that fast...

with that particular party, two kids didn't show, so batman and i looked at each other and i chirped... "I'm so going to shoot you batman!"... which i promptly proceeded to do... he had an ugly blue bloody shot on his stomach... hahahaha... fun!!! nothing like two divorcees settling some old scores eh?!
so, this year I'll be the one running around, arms flailing, screaming like a girl... outside the designated area... shit :(

18 COMMENTS....bite me!:

kyknoord said...

Hey, I can't say I blame them. Having your mom tearing around brandishing a loaded weapon must be seriously traumatic.

Slyde said...

you are an awesome mom! i LOVE me some paintball.. got all my own gear, but havent done it in ages...

AngelConradie said...

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaa... soon they'll be hinting that you not be there at all!

Anonymous said...

Haaa!!! Hey these kids MUST know that mommy must have fun too. Especially when she is with them.

Yes, at the next paint ball, be a bad mommy and scream all your lungs out, At least at the post-match talk during the dinner you won't feel left out :-)!!!

M@ said...

I like that whoopdee fucking do medal!

leez said...

Paintball?!!! Its been ages!!!

Charmskool said...

Wahahaha what a funny woman you are. The hard part is that all the grown-ups would love to see you in action avoiding paintballs - your children would love to see you being sedate and unembarassing and organising good nosh behind the scenes, preferably wearing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

Sweets said...

kyk> traumatic yes well what doesn't kill them can only make them stronger :)

slyde> if i had gear i would be unstoppable... maybe it's a good thing that i don't then...

angel> they can hint all they want, i'm paying :)

obi> i know... i thought they would understand me by now!

m@ cool :)

leez> well hop to it then :)

charm> so true... sigh

The Jackson Files said...

I love the mental image here...and that badge. Mwhahahahahaha. LOVE IT.

ozymandiaz said...

You should go incognito
but I guess they may recognize the running arm flailing MO, hugh?

Crazy Charlene said...

the only way that could be cooler would be if you used real bullets~~no, on second thought don't use real bullets
(i used to competition shoot with real bullets~at cardboard targets)

The Blonde Blogshell said...

That's what mom's are for!! I used to absolutely cringe at my parents...they were so strict and so bloody embarrassing! I thank them now!

PS> Been catching up! Happy Blogging Anniversary (belated, but better late than never right?)
Thanks for giving me daily entertainment!
Love it!

Anonymous said...

well now I think there should be three teams
kid 1
kid 2
and kids mommy team!

Ruby said...

he he:) i'm gonna be soooooo bad one day when i have kiddies of my own..*sigh*

Romeo Morningwood said...

You are sooo brave. I was too scared to go P-Balling with my son and his friends..they are all going to be future SWAT team snipers or mercenaries.

All those years of playing video games and killing hundreds of thousands of random victims has produced a generation of Mini McTerminators.

You are WAY kewl!

pure evyl said...

Sounds like fun. Just one small tip. Keep a few paintballs in the freezer for someone that really pisses you off.

Maeve said...

Lol! At least they get to shoot on you as a revenge! If they can!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for my kids to want a party like that, for the same reason!! *I* want a party like that lol It would be frowned upon if a 34 year old held a birthday pary there (especially in a small town lol) so I'll have to join the boys!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com