Monday, September 15, 2008

dirty addictions...

they're not really dirty... but thinking of a proper witty title can be quite tiresome, no?


on to my addictions... somebody tagged me on this, i apologise, for the life of me i cannot remember who...

ER... everybody is so hooked on Grey's Anatomy, and although i enjoy Grey's too they just are not in the same league as ER... ER is now on their 14th season and I never miss an episode, this is really an excellent captivating series, with blood and gore and a kick ass story line... when i thought about ER i wondered if anybody out there ever watched St. Elsewhere?... my goodness I'm showing my age now... but that was another classic.

biltong... njammas... i absolutely am hooked on chilly biltong stix at the moment... biltong is apparently similar to beef jerky but what I've read on jerky is that the meat is marinated and then oven dried... well here in south africa we of course do things differently, the raw meat is seasoned with salt and coriander and such... and then it's air dried, you can buy it ready made at the butcher or make your own... it's just the nicest thing ever, proudly south african ;) chilli stix are smaller cut pieces, and obviously flavoured with chilli...

smoking... alas I've not kicked this habit, and i doubt if i ever will... but I'm down to 8 cigarettes a day, for about 2 months now? and it works, i want to go down to 5 a day and when i achieve that well then I'll smoke 5 ciggies a day till i push up daisies...

dstv... (digital satellite tv) I've recently acquired this wonderful service (huge thanks to Glugs for giving me his old decoder)... i don't have the dstv premium, that's too expensive for my budget, i have the compact version with a lesser amount of channels, but i have to tell you that tv can be very time consuming so I'm quite relieved that i don't have such a big variety... i love tv... it's not a good thing... but there it is... no wonder dstv's catch phrase is ... so much more... yeah it really is so much more LOL

kids... don't want to sound corny like Slyde LOL but hey any parent will tell you that kids can be quite addictive... they are very lively, sassy little people and they are mine... so for now i love them every day and enjoy them as much as i can ~cause i know it's just a question of time before they fall flat on their faces while trying to escape my uncool household :)

18 COMMENTS....bite me!:

AngelConradie said...

heh heh... and you didn't tag anyone!!?! mine will be up tomorrow...

Tamara said...

Ahem... I believe I was the tagger ;-)

Nice addictions. Althoguh I don't think I've ever seen an episode of ER in my life.

Tamara said...

Hah! Actually, it wasn't me. I remember now... I didn't tag you coz someone else alreday had. Sorry, early senility at 24.

The Jackson Files said...

Smoking = SIES. Everything else I can totally relate to, especially dstv. Dstv is my boyfriend and I love him.

Anonymous said...

Awww!I like biltong but it has to be SUPER dry! And I also don't eat wild biltong.

Anonymous said...

Awww!I like biltong but it has to be SUPER dry! And I also don't eat wild biltong.

Sweets said...

angel... cool! ok you're tagged how's that? hehe

tam... never????? you should be spanked ;)

Jacks...you're funny, i hope you realize this hehe

jane... why not!!? is eland ook te wild vir jou? eland is die beste droe biltong wat jy OOIT sal kry ;)

Kingcover said...

The ER version in the UK is called Casualty and I like watching it too. I've also watched ER in the past :-)
I've never had jerky before. It sounds as if it is quite tough to eat?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you explained that stuff!
the only one I knew before the explanation was kids!
Why you make your kids live in an uncool house?

Be cool Sweets!

Sweets said...

king... hun Casualty sucks in comparison... trust me :)~

sage... two are definitely South African, but luckily kids and smoking are kinda universal right?! you would love biltong sage, wish i could send you some :)

ozymandiaz said...

hmmmm
gonna have to find me some biltong, sounds friggin awesome

Miss Caught Up said...

Congrats on kicking the habit!! :) And the biltong sounds gooooood!!!

Kingcover said...

No Casualty does NOT suck in comparison! Lol. I've watched both and they are on a level power with each other *spank* :-D

Slyde said...

corny? me? how dare you!

p.s. i thought I was one of your dirty addictions..... :(

eyes_only4him said...

well i love ER too, and ever since John Stamos joined two years ago, im all over that like flies on shit..

Zee said...

Hi...

I tagged you......


Hmmm biltong... I want some too.

Blue

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I was totally addicted to DSTV when i had it - it was bad. Im actually glad i dont have it now - it was a real time thief.

:)

e c f e s w said...

congrats on the slowing down on smoking~~i have been smoking more than normal due to dad breaking his hip~~~but my lungs tell me i need to slow down again

 
Template by suckmylolly.com